New Year, new you: Top 10 reasons to hit the gym in 2017
January 5, 2017
Are you having trouble sticking to your New Year’s resolution to work on your fitness? If so, these 10 reasons to exercise will help you get back in the gym and back on your workout grind!
- Exercise is proven to not only improve your physique, but also your memory. Studies show that a quick burst of exercise improves your memory and helps you learn better.
- Exercise can fix your bad posture because regularly exercising your abs and back muscles will help you to sit or stand straighter.
- Studies also show that regular exercise can boost your confidence by making you feel accomplished.
- If you’re feeling stressed, a quick workout will release endorphins in your brain that naturally combat stressful feelings.
- For anyone looking for a natural sleep aid, exercise is a great option. Working out in the morning or afternoon (not the evening) will ensure that you feel ready for sleep come bedtime.
- On the other hand, working out can also give you a boost of natural energy — it all depends on how you time it! Exercise around lunchtime can make you feel more energetic for the rest of the day.
- If you’re worried about getting sick this winter, vow to exercise more! Regular exercise can help your immune system fight off nasty germs and viruses.
- Exercise can even help you live longer. It may seem incredible, but some studies even show that beginning a regular workout routine can have the same effect as quitting smoking!
- If you’re feeling blue, try exercising; by naturally releasing endorphins into your body, running or other types of cardio can banish your bad mood and make you feel happier.
- Finally, having a gym within easy access (like right in the Corsair building!) can help you to increase your chances of meeting your workout goals. With a place to exercise right nearby, there’s no excuse to skip your workout!